Tihei mauri ora!
Nau mai, haere mai, tahuti mai ki Heretaunga!
Heretaunga haukunui, Heretaunga ararau, Heretaunga haaro te kaahu, Heretaunga takoto noa!
Welcome to Heretaunga, the area renowned for its rich and fertile landscape that is sustained by its life-giving dews and waterways. Welcome to Heretaunga, whose beauty is observed by the sharp eye of the harrier hawk; a landscape rich in history and with an esteemed legacy of caring and providing for its inhabitants.
Hastings Visitor Experience and I-SITE Manager
Permanent full time
Hastings, nestled in the heart of Hawke’s Bay, is a place bursting with palpable energy.The district is flowing with new ideas and creativity, with clever people doing amazing things.Opportunity abounds whether it’s awesome places to eat and drink, relax and unwind, activities to get the heart pumping, or simply just communing with our awa, moana, maunga and whenua.
Hastings is preparing to take its next step in tourism growth, and we need a passionate, energetic, forward-thinking person to join our team to manage our brand new, beautiful Hastings i-SITE which is moving to a new location in the heart of Hastings in early 2022. We are reimagining how we deliver our tourism and visitor experience objectives underpinned by world-class service for our visitors and locals. It will be a place to love and be proud of.
As Manager of the Hastings i-SITE, you will manage staff, revenue, retail, and daily operations. In addition to these key tasks, you will be responsible for building tourism relationships within the region, identifying and successfully implementing business development opportunities to benefit the I-SITE and Hastings’s tourism sector, and interpreting data and research to provide strategic recommendations for business growth and revenue generation across all areas of the Hastings i-SITE business unit.You will understand and value brand marketing and be able to execute communication plans across databases and social media. You will be tech savvy and comfortable using IT systems.
This role is multi-faceted and will offer scope and diversity across a wide range of tasks and responsibilities. You will work in a vibrant team within a willing and progressive District council and most importantly, you will have fun!
The successful candidate will have:
- Qualification in tourism, events or marketing and/or communications is desirable along with a minimum of five years’ experience working in a similar role.
- Excellent understanding of tourism and visitor needs.
- Natural passion for customer service – making someone’s day gives you a buzz.
- Creative and innovative approach to achieving objectives, with a good dose of common sense for tackling issues along the way.
- Strong people leadership and management skills that inspire a cohesive and high performing team.
- Experience developing and leading high-quality marketing and communications strategies to promote the destination and leverage activation opportunities.
- Sound financial management and understanding.
- Strong relationship skills – comfortable growing networks and communicating with people from a wide range of backgrounds.
- Self-motivated to achieve business growth and profitability.
- Undeniable love of Hastings and drive to deliver positive results for the ongoing promotion of the city and district.
Situated in the heart of Ngāti Kahungunu, the Hastings district and Hawke’s Bay offer an enjoyable environment in which to live, work and play.
We are an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity. Are you keen to be a part of our journey?
Hastings Visitor Experience and i-SITE Manager JD
Applications close: 7 November 2021.